Monday, December 17, 2012

2 thoughts

Two things have really been weighing on my heart
for a long time now......
_________________________________________________________________________________

1

 What I have and what God has blessed me with. 
I don't deserve any of the nice things that I have, from my beautiful clothes, wonderful family, cozy home, delicious food, fluffy bed, amazing job, and countless other things. I really don't DESERVE anything. In a world where the main focus is to "one-up"....to have something nicer, bigger, prettier than the person beside you. Its sad that we have such a TWISTED mindset, 
and I am the FIRST to fall into the trap of materialism. 
We all need the little daily reminder that God has BLESSED us with another day to live, 
and that everything we own is his. My life could be so much more different
 if i were in someone else's shoes, I could live in a shack with a dirt floor, and just enough food to get by....God has BLESSED me and because of that I need to be a good steward of my money and use it for the good of others. In each of our lives no matter how poor or how rich we are, I pray that we all stay focused on one thing....that without his GRACE on us, we would have nothing...and we deserve...NOTHING

2

And also....My heart has been heavy for the past couple years about visiting Africa, 
I've always thought up a reason not to go as in money, time or feeling inapt.
 BUT,  this summer is my time....my time to set aside my stupid worries and put it in Gods hands and know in faith that he will provide everything that I need to go. I don't know how i'm going to do it, but thats the beauty about faith...

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

God has instilled in me a calling to go to work with orphans and 
show them the love of Christ and that their life is worth living for; when they have been told by society their whole lives that they are unwanted and worthless. Even though I have never stepped foot in the country, I pray for their little hearts and mine as I prepare for Gods work to be done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment