Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thrifty Thoughts

Thrifty Thoughts 

My idea this week is.....TACO SOUP :)
 I made a HUGE batch last week and I loved the fact that it was SO easy and so economical! Once I got it all cooked up and cooled slightly, I separated it into ziplock baggies and put them in the freezer for a quick and easy meal. Of course if you have a bigger family it might feed you for one or two meals but since I cook for only me...this portioned me out 16 snack-size ziplocks full!! Turns out its AMAZING!!!! There are nights when I get home from work and do not want to cook a meal for just myself....so I pull out a ziplock and heat up in 4min! :)
_________________________________________________________________________________


Taco Soup
2lbs Ground Turkey (browned)
1 can Rotel 
1 can Stewed Tomatoes 
1 can Whole Corn 
2 can Ranch Style Pinto beans 
1 can Ranch Style beans 
1 can Kidney beans 
1 packet dry Ranch Dip 
1 packet Taco Seasoning 
1-2 cups of Water
_________________________________________________________________________________

Brown your meat.....than just add your remaining ingredients and heat! 
Most of the time I don't stick to this certain recipe, I just add whatever I have 
in my pantry! 

TIP-When you lay the baggies in the freezer lay them on their side to freeze 
or else the soup goes around the plastic and its HARD to rip it off when you want to heat it up. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Linking up with: 

9 comments:

  1. TACO SOUP!!!! You just can't go wrong!!! I've been craving some actually. Such a good meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also do this with chicken in a crock pot. Throw in all the ingredients except the turkey with 4 or 5 frozen chicken breasts (make sure the chicken is submerged). Cook for 5 hours on low then shred the chicken before you serve it. So easy when you work during the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE this idea lindsay!!! I will forsure have to try it that way!! :) :) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love making soup and freezing some for a later date! :-) AND soup is so cheap! :-) Great post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taco soup! We normally don't even have any leftovers to freeze because we eat it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have a big freezer, but a ziploc bag would be perfect since it doesn't take up much space. I love taco soup! I'll be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. My kids would probably enjoy this too! Cute blog! New follower here. FOudn you on teh vanilla tulip. xoxoxo Hanna www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much ladies!!! :) Glad it helped out your meal planning, for one day at least :)

    ReplyDelete