Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thrifty Thoughts: Quilt Hutch

I did this project a while back, but since 
I have been working on projects this week that arn't QUITE completed I will post this 
one til that day comes! 
_________________________________________________________________________________

I knew that when the time came for me to have a place of my own....I wanted to find something 
to put all my quilts and bedding in. Some thing that could go in the living room that was easy accessible for when people come over and need a blanket for the couch or a quilt while watching a movie. 
But, I also knew I did not want to spend a fortune on it! 

I came across this beauty of a piece at my work! 
They were going to throw it out because of the condition of it...
sooo I gladly took it off their hands for FREE99!!!!!
 It did need some work....but I saw potential! 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Before: As you can see the handles were off, the back was actually flimsy cardboard that was
falling off aswell. 
I used my handy drill and screwed a new board on the back of the chest so that it would
be more sturdy and not janky looking :) 
Painted it all white with the inside a light gray 
Taped off the chevron. If I were to do it again I would probably have been 
a little more precise, but I just free handed it...haha makes it unique.
I painted horizontal stripes on the bottom two drawers....then used 
the sander to make it distressed. 
FINISHED!!!!! I love the turnout!!! 
In the home, hope you all enjoy!!! :) 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Linking up with TheVanillaTulip:

_________________________________________________________________________________
#18-crazy dreams
#19-oranges
#20-ticket to hairshow

No comments:

Post a Comment