Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thrifty Thoughts-Rose Painting

Thursday, time for Thrifty Thoughts!!! 

I have been wanting a painting to hang above my bed for quite some time now, 
I knew I wanted the painting to have cool tones and something unique....
I looked on multiple websites, I found a couple that I really loved,
 however I was NOT about to throw down $200-300 bucks on a painting.
SOOO I went to hobby lobby and picked out a canvas that I thought would fit above the bed. 
I picked one which cost me $20(with my 40% off coupon) and all the paint I already had previously 
bought.

The idea was to make it have a cross stitch effect with paint, incorporate cool tones, 
and make it something that looks inviting and not forced....
________________________________________________________________________________




Finished product!!!!! 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Linking up with the VanillaTulip
For "Thrifty Thoughts" 

_________________________________________________________________________________

#7-falling asleep to the drip of a leaky faucet 
#8-morning weight class at the gym 
#9-cup of coffee and reading about other bloggers lives 

11 comments:

  1. That's beautiful!!! I bet you could sell a bunch of those; I'd be in line right behind Ashley. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, that is awesome! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!!!! #amanda- I might have to contemplate selling them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely should give it some thought. After I saw yours, I started doing mad google searches and unless I'm totally missing the boat here, I can't find anything for sale even remotely like yours. =)

      Delete
  4. Wow! You are seriously talented! Absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! You go girl. That's an awesome canvas painting. Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing. FYI - you are a no-reply blogger so I couldn't reply to your comment you posted on my blog. :))) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girls!! I really appreciate it!! :) and "thecooks" i'll edit my no-reply!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete