Tuesday, January 22, 2013

1000 gifts

I have started a love of reading here in the past few months, 
I don't have a TON of time to read but I normally bring a book to the gym 
and read while I am on the elliptical or treadmill. It makes the time 
go by faster AND i'm learning so much! 
_________________________________________________________________________________

The book I am currently on is called 
"One Thousand Gifts"
by: Anne Voskamp


_________________________________________________________________________________

I am only on the 5th chapter, but I already know it will be one of my favorites! 
Anne talks about her life and how writing down a couple things each day of things she is HAPPY for, cheers her up and gets her mind set on the positive things in life and all the wonderful things God has given her, rather opposed to living life feeling sorry for ourselves or lusting over the things we don't have. On a day to day life I normally try and find the good in everything, I try to find the small insignificant things and be thankful for them...but like everyone I get into the "selfish humanity mode" and always need a gentle reminder that God has given me everything I have as a...GIFT. 
I love reading books like this because its so inspiring to see how the little things in life effect
the bigger parts of our lives. 

So today I start my list of 1,000 gifts that God has given me......

#1-the smell of fresh cut grass
#2-a hot cup of tea at night
#3-three day old hair 

No comments:

Post a Comment