Sunday, February 10, 2013

sunday struggles


Lets just say that this sunday morning was a little harder than most for me, 
the devil was defiantly trying to work against me on getting myself to church. 

It started, with me remembering I left my straighter at a friends house the week prior. No big deal I thought...I would run up to work to grab my professional one.. long story short I wasn't able to get mine so a lovely coworker that happened to be up there at the time  let me borrow hers(praise the lord)....so I went home and fixed my nappy hair...with plenty of time to spare. I left a little early so I could make my starbucks run, Now this whole week I have been off coffee, WHICH I might add is a HUGE thing! I normally drink about 6-8 cups a morning, and generally drink it all throughout the day....so after waiting 20mins in the starbucks line...I finely...groggily accept my hot tea and drive off. A little miffed that I couldn't order my black cup of coffee.. STILL plenty of time to get to church. Once I got to the parkinglot of church it was a different issue....I spent ANOTHER 30minutes trying to find a parking spot. At last I found one on the 5th story of the parking garage....by this time I was 20minutes late for the service and was debating not walking in at all....after all I missed all the music and singing. BUT, instead I head inside and keep reminding myself that I am there to worship God and not for my own gain. As I sit down the paster says..."and today our lesson is on parenting"....OHHH GEESH, I went through all this heck this morning to listen to a message that does not pertain to me whatsoever at all. But, yet I keep my mind open...reminding myself over and over that is to worship him. 

Through the crazy morning and all the frustrations that occurred.... the pastor did speak on parenting..and even though I am not a parent I learned ALOT about what it looks like to be a Godly parent and how important it is to set a Godly example in our home and not to leave the "teaching" up to the once a week church service but practice it in everyday life. Even though i'm in the stage of life before kids, I feel like I can still prepare for that day and get my heart ready for when that day will come. I LOVE this passage from deuteronomy that he spoke on......

Hear, O Isreal: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and 
with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on
your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 
Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. 
Deuteronomy 6:4-9

I have a long time to go til parenting but if I can work on my own life now and focus on Gods word 
like it says in the passage and meditate on it day and night and keep it with me wherever I go....that will give my kids that much more promise someday whenever I am needing to equip them with the knowledge that they will need to know. God gave us kids as a blessing....they are from him and he is entrusting us that we will guide the next generation in the ways they should go. 

"Your children will not always follow what you say, but they will follow after what you do." 

So whenever you have one those sunday mornings....or perhaps a morning where you want to push the snooze button a couple extra times...just think about how much the devil is not wanting you to attend and how Gods glory will be shown no matter what the subject of the message is....there is always truth for everyone. :) 


_________________________________________________________________________________

#30-blue goose atmosphere 
#31-windows down...sun shining in...pure joy 
#32-meeting WONDERFUL new girlfriends here in dallas 

No comments:

Post a Comment